The Manx Telecom Parish Walk 2019
The Manx Telecom Parish Walk event will be held on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th June 2018. It’s an 85 mile walking race that takes in all 17 parish churches on the Isle of Man. The first Parish Walk took place as a challenge between neighbours over 100 years ago and was a major event for the early years of the last century. It died out and was revived in 1960 when the modern Parish Walk adopted the route that we now recognise. Since then the race has grown in size and prominence and has become the largest mass-participation sporting event on the Island. It now attracts over 1,500 walkers annually, all of whom hope to become a Parish Walk finisher by completing the course within 24 hours.
The race starts at the NSC in Douglas and winds its way around the south of the Island before heading north and finishing back in Douglas on the seafront promenade. The record holder is Richard Gerrard in an astonishing time of 14 hours, 40 minutes and 8 seconds set in 2015. Most entrants are hoping to reach one of the intermediary check in points at the earlier churches and every walker receives a certificate stating the distance walked and time taken.
Manx Flights travel packages are ideal for anyone travelling over to take part in the event - offering comfortable air travel from a choice of airports around the world, choose to stay for a long weekend or why not extend your break to give yourself time to recover in the beautiful surroundings of the Isle of Man after the walk.
You can choose how much of the course you complete, and whether you walk on your own or as part of a team of four. Full course finishers receive a finisher’s award with additional prizes for individuals and teams.
Walkers who reach Santon will receive a certificate to recognise their achievement. A time limit of 24 hours is given, and there are cut-off times for reaching each stage.
There are 17 parish churches around the course and your time will be recorded at each parish. The full distance will be subject to time limits. The time taken to reach each church is recorded on an electronic timing system which is displayed on the internet and can be transmitted to two mobile phone numbers of your choice by SMS, by Manx Telecom Timing.
Entries are now open and close on 5th May 2019. For additional information and entry into the Parish Walk, please click here
- Return travel by air to the Isle of Man
- Accommodation of your choice
For your peace of mind, a £2.50 per person ATOL Protection Contribution applies to all air holidays.
Important Information - you must read this before booking
The lead-in price quoted for this offer is per person based on two adults flying from Liverpool, sharing a twin room at the Sefton Express, Ballasalla for 3 nights, and was correct as at 11th December 2018.
This holiday is operated by Manx Flights. When making a booking you are accepting our Terms & Conditions of business.
Please note that some activities are subject to availability and should be reserved in advance by contacting the event organisers.
There are additional special terms which apply to this holiday. By making a booking, you agree that you accept all of these terms:
- Full payment for your travel arrangements is required at the time of booking. Once booked, the travel costs are entirely non-refundable.
- If you need to make any changes to your travel arrangements, please contact us and we will do our best to assist. However in many cases changes may not be permitted, and any changes which can be made are likely to incur extra costs.
- The cost of this break does not include travel insurance, however comprehensive travel insurance is essential. If you need to arrange travel insurance please contact us.
- If you intend to travel with sporting equipment of any kind, please call us on 01624 654080 before making a booking, so that we can check with the relevant carrier whether space is available and whether any additional costs would apply.
- Can''t find what you're looking for? If you wish to travel from a port not featured under this offer, or are travelling with children, please call us on 01624 654080.
- Flight + Accommodation
- Flight Only
- Accommodation Only