Southern 100 2019
The first Southern 100 Road Races was in 1955 and the programme started with three races in 250cc, 350cc and 500cc categories; the latter a 100-mile race won by Liverpudlian Terry Shepherd on his Norton, at 78.26 m.p.h.
In the intervening sixty-two years, many future British and World Champions - riders of the calibre of Bob McIntyre, Phil Read, John Hartle, Ron Langston, Selwyn Griffiths, Con Law, Brian Reid, Kenny Harrison, Joey Dunlop, Dave Leach, Phillip McCallen, Jason Griffiths, Bob Jackson, Robert Dunlop, Ian Lougher, Guy Martin, Cameron Donald, Ryan Farquhar, Michael Dunlop and Dean Harrison have cut their teeth around the Billown course in the south of the Island.
Sidecars were first introduced into the race programme in 1962 and they have provided unique thrilling action that only the three-wheel crews can. TT winners and World Champions have graced the meeting, from Charlie Freeman to the current Sidecar Champions, John Holden & Lee Cain. Previous Champions Tim Reeves and Patrick Farrance hold the lap record of 100.749 mph set in 2016.
The race schedule* for 2019 is as follows:
- Monday 8th July 2019 6.00 pm - 9.40 pm
- Tuesday 9th July 2019 6.00 pm - 7.15 pm
- Tuesday 9th July 2019 7.45 pm - 9.40 pm
- Wednesday 10th July 2019 6.00 pm - 9.40 pm
- Thursday 11th July 2019 (Championship race day) 9.30 am – 12.15pm & 1.00pm – 5.30pm
*Please note that this schedule is subject to change by the organisers, for example due to inclement weather.
- Return travel by air to the Isle of Man
- Accommodation of your choice
For your peace of mind, a £2.50 per person ATOL Protection Contribution applies to all air holidays.
We recommend purchasing a Go Explore Heritage Card during the booking process. The card offers unlimited travel on scheduled services of all Isle of Man Transport Railways (Steam Railway, Manx Electric Railway, Snaefell Mountain Railway and Horse Trams) and Bus Vannin Services, plus admission to all Manx National Heritage attractions. The travel cards can be added during the booking process.
Important Information - you must read this before booking
The lead-in price quoted for this offer is per person based on two adults flying from Liverpool, sharing a twin room at the Edelweiss Guest House, Douglas for 4 nights, and was correct as at 16th November 2018.
This holiday is operated by Manx Flights. When making a booking you are accepting our Terms & Conditions of business.
Please note that some activities are subject to availability and should be reserved in advance by contacting the event organisers.
There are additional special terms which apply to this holiday. By making a booking, you agree that you accept all of these terms:
- Full payment for your travel arrangements is required at the time of booking. Once booked, the travel costs are entirely non-refundable.
- If you need to make any changes to your travel arrangements, please contact us and we will do our best to assist. However in many cases changes may not be permitted, and any changes which can be made are likely to incur extra costs.
- The cost of this break does not include travel insurance, however comprehensive travel insurance is essential. If you need to arrange travel insurance please contact us.
- If you intend to travel with sporting equipment of any kind, please call us on 01624 654080 before making a booking, so that we can check with the relevant carrier whether space is available and whether any additional costs would apply.
- Can''t find what you're looking for? If you wish to travel from a port not featured under this offer, or are travelling with children, please call us on 01624 654080.
- Flight + Accommodation
- Flight Only
- Accommodation Only